This course is designed primarily for general population students who may not yet be actively employed in the health & fitness industry but wish to gain foundational knowledge & skills in strength training.
It is recognised that many people lack sufficient understanding to correctly and safely commence and progress their strength training. This course will simplify key learning areas so that students build confidence and competence in the basics of strength training.
- Learn from Techniq Team; Expert in Strength Training with positive track records. Hands-on refinement in Strength Training, especially in 3 main lifts (Deadlift, Squat, and Bench Press)
- Next intake: To be confirmed
- Price: S$499
- SkillsFuture Credits
SkillsFuture Credit Eligible & UTAP approved. If you wish to utilize your SkillsFuture Credits, please refer to the detailed instructions on the payment process.
For more information, please refer to our FAQ here.
Module 1 – Functional Anatomy
1. Identify and understand the functions of major muscles that contribute to strength development.
2. Develop an in-depth understanding of how to recruit and utilise those specific muscles during your own training.
3. Understanding how to utilise different types of contractions to maximise training effectiveness.
4. Develop a deep understanding of the strength curve and how it applies to the main movement patterns.
Module 2 – Movement Patterns
1. Develop an in-depth understanding of the main movement patterns that are fundamental to the development of strength.
2. Understanding why strength training is essential no matter your health and fitness goals, whether it’s becoming stronger, looking better aesthetically, performing better in your sport, or preventing and rehabbing injuries.
3. Developing a base level understanding of how to perform the main fundamental movements that make up any great strength training program such as the squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, pull ups, rows, lunges and core stability exercises.
You will also learn different cues and how to utilise your leverages to maximise training effectiveness based on your body type and injury history.
Module 3 – Training Principles
1. This module will give you an in-depth understanding of the different training principles such as volume, frequency, and intensity and how they will carry you through your strength training journey.
2. Learn how to structure and design a training program that allows you to safely and effectively progress while catering to your starting level – beginner / intermediate / advanced.
3. Develop an understanding of different training modalities such as strength, hypertrophy, power and endurance and how to periodize them in your training program.
4. Develop a base level understanding of nutrition and how it can improve your training performance and longevity.