GAIN CONFIDENCE AND COMPETENCE
IN DEALING WITH PAIN AND INJURY
Rehab Essentials is the foundational accreditation for learning R+E+H+A+B and working as an effective Rehab Trainer, teaching you the knowledge, skills and giving you the equipment, to unofficially join the ‘rehab team’.
Suffice to say your role as a classic Fitness Professional is most probably already helping your clients with their niggles and pains. We just want to take you as far as you can go in your effectiveness and safety, empowering you to also work more closely with Allied Health Professionals, and helping you get more engaged with those niggling issues, poor movement patterns and how to clean dysfunctional movements.
- Learn from International Educator Chris Mallac LIVE in Singapore!
- Posture Pro
- Rehab Dowel (Lockeroom)
- Activation Tubing (Sanctband)
- Next Live intake:
To be confirmed
9am to approx. 6pm each day.
- Course fee:
Super Early Bird: S$1280
Early Bird: S$1350
Combo fee with Rehab Masterclass:
Super Early Bird: S$2025
Early Bird: S$2,150
- Rehab Essentials course is eligible for SkillsFuture and UTAP Claims.
- 2.8 ACE CEC’s | 1.9 NASM CEUs
- Download Course Prospectus here.
What you will get
- Extensive practical sessions over three full days – with around 70% being practical learning working on other bodies to experience the techniques in person, and the final 30% theory based learning
- 15 CECs certificate of accreditation with Fitness Australia, 2.8 credits with ACE, 1.9 with NASM plus 16 CPD with REPS UK
- Unlimited access to Rehab Express Online (worth $437 alone!) you can access before and after your course to begin learning and warming up for the face-to-face 3-day practical course
- Full and extensive quality course manual in a hard-wearing binder for future reference with digital images for self-promotion as an “Accredited Rehab Trainer”
- 3-month complimentary access to Club Rehab – an extensive and exclusive library of videos and eBooks for Rehab Trainers with sports injury articles written by Australian Sports Physiotherapists, Ulrik Larsen and Chris Mallac with the ability to email any client injury questions to Rehab Trainer
Rehab Trainer is leading a fresh stream of education for the fitness industry: to create a new breed of Fitness Professional who is able to more effectively assess, rehabilitate and prevent low risk injuries from developing during their training of clients.
Our reputation has been built on quality, face to face, customised instruction provided by elite sports Physiotherapists and Fitness Educators. We are delighted with the feedback our students give us: more than 98% of our clients report feeling significantly more motivated, confident and knowledgable in dealing with their injured clients after doing our courses. And happily, this translates to happier clients, increased profitability, and a lower dropout rate for them, too.
After completing the Rehab Essentials course, Fitness Professionals will function according to the five-part “Rehab Trainer” model as a safe and effective method to achieve that goal. This model is quite distinct from the Physiotherapy model, therefore preventing the concern that professional boundaries are being crossed. Rather Rehab Trainers seek to strengthen old boundaries: specifically, that PT’s should never diagnose injuries, should refer injuries that are high risk immediately to an allied health professional, and should not engage in certain types of isolation exercises that are most effectively carried out by a physiotherapist. Therefore be assured – you are not attempting to become a Physiotherapist. You are becoming a more highly skilled Fitness Professional who has a new tool-box of skills with which to deal with the litany of small niggling injuries that plagues the fitness industry.
Rehab Trainers are encouraged to consider themselves a part of the “Rehab Team” for a particular client who has a low risk injury, in the same way that a massage therapist or physiotherapist might.
Injury management is NOT the exclusive domain of health professionals (Physiotherapists, Doctors, Orthopaedic Surgeons, etc). The exercise professional / coach / personal trainer who has the confidence and competence to work with an individual’s unique biomechanics, and manage their aches and pains, holds the key to unparalleled success with their clients.
Let’s be clear: you are NOT going to become a Physio by doing REHAB ESSENTIALS – instead you are becoming a new breed of exercise professional – specialised and extremely effective. Most graduates of REHAB ESSENTIALS are in high demand for their new skills and the role they can now play as part of the broader “Rehab Team”.
The three-day REHAB ESSENTIALS course is the foundation of your Rehab skillset. (It is also a pre-requisite for the Rehab Masterclass.)
YOU WILL LEARN
- exactly what to do when a client mentions their acute or chronic pain or injury in their spine, lower or upper body
- the unique R+E+H+A+B protocol, which allows you to blend your new knowledge and skills into your existing training sessions with clients
- how to screen a client’s injury to assess its “risk profile”
- to understand the biomechanics of the body better than most of your PT peers
- new stretching, trigger point, and myofascial loosening techniques
- how to effectively use your new Rehab Toolbox, including Posture-pros, Rehab Dowel, Activation Tubing, Risk Assessment Cards, and Rehab Records.
- how to work with health professionals to fix injuries faster and develop a referral base
- the secret of developing rehab drills with the existing equipment in your gym; the right way to activate dormant stability muscles to promote safer training and rehab injuries
Chris is a highly qualified Physiotherapist and Human Movement Educator, writes extensively for the monthly web based Sports Injury Bulletin from the UK. In the past few years Chris has heavily focused on using his experience to help coaches, personal trainers and exercise physiologists prevent and manage injuries in their clients through the Rehab Trainer courses. Prior to Covid, Chris was the primary Rehab Trainer educator in Europe, the Middle East and Asia
He has worked with elite level State and National level rugby and football teams in Australia, the UK and France. His most recent rugby work was in the UK as Head of Performance for London Irish Rugby Union and followed that with a consultancy role with a professional French Rugby Union team. Chris is now living in his homeland Australia and recently acted as the High Performance Manager for the Brisbane Roar Soccer Team who play in the Australian A League.
Chris is currently the Lead Physiotherapist and Co-Director of the newly opened Integrated Rehab Centre and Recovery Science Centre Noosa. This is based in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast Australia.