The decision to become professionally certified is an important step in being recognized as a competent practitioner in your discipline. Working as a Personal Trainer is one of the most rewarding career choices for today’s fitness professional and we we want to make sure you reach your full potential.
The American Council on Exercise’s acclaimed Certified Personal Trainer Certification is designed for trainers providing any form of 1-on-1 or small-group fitness instruction and is a leading industry recognized certification. Our Personal Trainer Development Program (PTDP) gives you the chance to complete this certification alongside two others industry certificates, offering everything you need to start your amazing career as an exercise professional.
Here at FIT Asia we provide the most comprehensive practical training, with the help of our partners including Functional Training Institute (Australia) to get you ready to be a Functional Tools Coach, armed with the essential skills (art of coaching) of being a Personal Trainer.
- We have one of the highest passing rate among local academies with a 90% success (first attempt) in 2022 so far.
- We produce confident and technically proficient Personal Trainers.
- Receive comprehensive practical training as well as essential science
- Obtain THREE Certificates
- Next Intake (Live Face-to-Face) open for registration:
- ACE CPT Part 1 (Theory): 4 to 6 November 2022
- Personal Trainer Essentials Skills (Practical): 12 & 13 November 2022
- Functional Tools Coach (Practical): 19 November 2022
- ACE CPT Part 2 (Theory): 20 November 2022
- ACE CPT Part 3 (Theory): 26 & 27 November 2022
Days run from 9am to approximately 5-6 pm depending on what needs to be covered.
- Eligible for SkillsFuture & UTAP claims
For more information, please refer to our FAQ here.
- Price for November 2022 intake:
- S$2750 Super Early Bird (until 31 August 2022)
- S$2850 Early Bird (until 09 October 2022)
- S$2950 Regular
What is this Personal Trainer Development Program about?
Our flagship Personal Trainer Development Program (PTDP) provides you with all the necessary tools to help you become an internationally Certified Personal Trainer and most importantly, hands-on experience that serve as the platform for you to go greater heights within this fast growing industry. You’ll never regret it!
You will be able to design, implement, monitor and evaluate safe and effective exercise programs for healthy adults. This will provide a systematic approach to personal trainers with unique entry points allowing you to take a client from being sedentary all the way to training for athletic performance as well as being prepared for the international certification exam with our tried and proven exam review method!
How it benefits me?
- Expedite your competencies of becoming a world-class personal trainer and fitness professional
- Discover latest exercise programmes & techniques for function, health to fitness and performance
- Builds solid foundation in nutrition and exercise science, giving you huge room to advance in the industry
- Get trained as Functional Tools Coach by Functional Training Institute
- Get trained in Personal Trainer Essential Skills
- Get an introduction to epigenetic and personalised training with Precision Health Alliance.
- Learn from the best fitness educators in the country with strong academic background, work experience and teaching experience
Who will benefit?
- Current Advanced Exercisers (whom have led themselves through a structured exercise program) or Current Fitness Instructors/ Personal Trainers wanting to be an Internationally Certified Personal Trainer
What does it include?
Personal Trainer Essential Skills [14 hours]
- Role of a Fitness Instructor, Principles of Fitness & Cardiovascular Training
- Upper Body Resistance Training
- Lower Body Resistance Training & Mobility Training
- Functional Movement Progression & Mobility Training
- Instructional Skills
- Designing & Leading Workouts
- ASSESSMENT: You will be assessed on your technical knowledge and instructional skills at the end of the 2nd day.
FTI – Functional Tools Coach [7 hours]
The Functional Tools Coach Workshop by the Functional Training Institute (Global/AUS) was designed to give you a basic understanding of the exercises, principles and programming around the following tools:
- Battling Ropes
- Suspended Fitness Trainer
ACE Certified Personal Trainer [42 hours]
- Introduction to Personal Training, Code of Ethics, Introduction to Program Design
- Behavior Change & Communication Skills
- Nutrition & Weight Management
- Anatomy & Movement
- Physiological Assessment
- Functional Assessment, Training & Programming
- Essential Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics
- Resistance Training – Assessments, Training & Programming
- Personal Trainer Essential Skills
- Cardiorespiratory Training– Science, Assessments, Training & Programming
- Special Populations & Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Fit test 1 & 2
- Comprehensive Exam Paper Review
- Exam Review
- ACE EXAM: We recommend that you sit the ACE exam within one (1) to three (3) months of the preparation course. You can request for our team to get you enrolled whenever you are ready.
- Have a look on the ACE website and choose a date and time. DO NOT go further and book the exam yourself as you will have to pay for it again (exam is included in your course bundle). Please note that the date should be at least 15 days away.
- You will be required to complete the Exam Booking form provided and submit a copy of your valid CPR+AED Certificate.
- Once your request is approved, you should then receive an email from ACE within about two working days, containing your exam vouchers. These should be printed and taken with you for the exam (along with a photo ID like your passport or IC).
*To change your exam date or book a retake will cost you SGD 450
- Personalised coaching and behaviour change based on behavioural genetics and biological tendencies
- Precision exercise – the latest evidence on what exercise is going to be the BEST for a person’s unique body
- Precision weight loss – understand the individual differences and causes for weight gain in individuals so that you are able to support each and every individual you are working with
Sign Up Now?
In the past, our PT course was offered in a 48 hours format. However, with more than 24 hours of practical components added to the curriculum, covering Personal Trainer Essential Skills, Functional Training, and Program Building, we ensure that we are offering the highest standards to our students above any other education provider and producing confident and incredibly skilled Personal Trainers.
- This course includes:
- Personal Trainer Essential Skills
- Functional Tools Coach
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Course Manuals
- Free access to our Learning Management System with extra material, quizzes, study plan, etc
- ACE Exam Fee
- Personal Career Development Advisor from our FIT Team