Have you found yourself asking these questions?
- How do I communicate effectively?
- How do I understand complex needs and off-task behaviors?
- How do I create safe and effective programs for all individuals and groups with ASD?
The Autism Fitness Certification® Level 1 provides these answers and more so you can make the right decisions at the right time. Using our PAC profile® you will gain a better understanding of the ASD “Athlete”, how to formulate a plan for assessing and addressing the physical, adaptive, and cognitive skills along with the hands-on applications from real life experience and evidence based research.
Enroll in Our Blended Learning Program and Get Started Today
The Autism Fitness® blended learning model is a comprehensive instructor led virtual, on-demand with a hands-on practical learning experience. The course curriculum is divided into two distinct parts.
Part 1 – The Autism Fitness® academic lecture material will be delivered in 9 online lessons through our Learning Management System (LMS) and will be available to each student for review in a video replay
Part 2 – Practical/Hands On Learning Applications will be held in regional locations/host site around the globe. (see the regional map below)
In Level 1, you’ll develop a strong working knowledge of the concepts and strategies necessary to meet the fitness needs of the autism population. You will become fluent in the PAC Profile®, a validated, proven system for delivering optimal fitness and Adapted PE (APE) programs to the autism population. Regardless of age or ability levels, through learning about and understanding the PAC Profile® method, you will leave the program confident, with a working knowledge of physical, adaptive, and cognitive abilities as they relate to exercise and movement. Additionally, you will know how to implement programs in nearly any environment; home, schools, gyms, therapy and recreational centers. There is no other training like this in the world and a must if you’re planning or already are bringing fitness programs to those with autism. Eric Chessen’s Autism Fitness Certification is the culmination of Autism Fitness programming strategies tested, implemented, and refined for nearly 20 years. Watch Eric Chessen’s TEDx talk.
- Be amongst the first to attend this internationally recognised program here in Singapore
- You will explore Autism – the medical history, symptoms, and evidence based strategies to overcome known developmental deficits, plus unique ways to adapt fitness programming to meet these unique needs
- Learn directly from founder Eric Chessen
- 1.4 ACE CEC’s | 14 AFAA CEU’s | 1.4 NASM CEU’s
- Next intake:
To be confirmed
As soon as you sign up, you will receive the following to prepare you for the live workshop: a Guide Book, Autism Fitness Toolbox, and 9 (nine) online sessions (pre-recorded) from Eric Chessen.
- SGD 815
- Download your course syllabus here
- Eligible for SkillsFuture & UTAP claims
For more information, please refer to our FAQ here.
- Fitness Professionals – Everything you need to activate an enriching career as a medical fitness specialist.
- Therapists – An evolved approach to improving development, health and overall well-being in those with autism.
- Educators – Create adaptive programming solutions that eliminate barriers to learning faced in the modern classroom.
- Parents / Caregivers – Play a critical role in developing vital independence and socialization skills across the lifespan of those you love.
What you will learn
- Why Fitness is Essential for the ASD Population
- Common Physical and Motor Deficits
- Understand Physical, Adaptive & Cognitive Abilities
- Addressing challenging behavior
- The BIG difference between Can’t vs Won’t
- Assessment of Physical, adaptive, and cognitive skills via the PAC Profile
- Program Development for Individuals and Groups
- Goal Setting in each of the 3 Areas of Development
- Positive Behavior Support
- Progressions and Regressions of Exercise
- Program Development for individuals and groups
- And putting it ALL together during the live, full-day hands-on practical!
- The Autism Fitness Toolbox ($US149 value)
- The Autism Fitness Guidebook
- PAC Profile & Assessment Tools
- Exam & Certificates of Completion
- Post Certification Support; our monthly call for certified level 1 Pros only
- Access: Certified Professional Facebook Group
- Searchable certified Professional Listing
- Marketing Support & Materials
- Mentorship Program Pre-qualification for level 2
- Discounted Equipment Package ($130+ savings)
- Download the Autism Fitness 2020 Level 1 Syllabus
The exam has two parts; multiple choice and a short answer exam + video submission section. Part II (short answer/video) consists of video review and feedback on programming and behavior strategies. The video submissions require demonstration of programming, positive behavior support, and coaching/cuing. The participant can use any partner they choose as an athlete for the video demonstration. Exam takers are given two chances to pass part II (if a video submission does not meet criteria, notes are provided by me or another exam grader) and the participant has 1 week to re-submit. Should they not pass after the 2nd video, there is a $120USD fee for re-taking and we set up a Zoom or Skype call to review the skills/concepts that need to be addressed.
ERIC CHESSEN, M.S. Founder of Autism Fitness
When just beginning his career as a fitness trainer over fifteen years ago, Eric had the opportunity to develop fitness programs for teens on the autism spectrum and undergo high level ABA training both clinically and academically. As he became increasingly dedicated to working with this unique population, Eric found a near-total lack of information concerning best practices and approaches when creating fitness programs for those with autism.
Steadily, and over the course of a decade working with hundreds of athletes who had significant variance in their ability levels, he began to create the outline for Autism Fitness as a business and mission; providing not just fitness programs, but effective and reliable fitness programs for every individual with autism and related disabilities. Autism Fitness was to serve as a bridge between the professional fitness and autism communities (families, educators, and therapists).
Today, with his athletes in the greater New York Area, the Autism Fitness Toolbox, and the Autism Fitness Certified Practitioner program, Eric continues to build a gateway towards a more optimal, independent future for the ASD community and future generations. When not working with his athletes he is either in the gym, playing outside with friends, or reading.